Fri, 06 Jan|
North Island Colgate Games 2023
Colgate Games are always a fun experience for our junior (7-14) athletes - and will be held this summer in Whanganui.
Time & Location
06 Jan, 8:00 am – 08 Jan, 5:00 pm
Whanganui, Maria Place, Whanganui 4500, New Zealand
About the Event
"Colgate Games are always a fun experience, whether you're watching on the stands or competing against hundreds of other athletes for a spot on the podium. It’s also a great way to experience competing, and travel to a new place at the same time."
Some great club history at this year's venue, Cooks Gardens - scene of the 1962 world mile record of Sir Peter Snell.
Read more about the Colgate Games, in this report by one of our junior athletes.
Entry Form - please complete and return to email@example.com or give to Kate on club night. Entries close 11 November 2022
Need help finding accommodation in Whanganui for the North Island Colgate Games? Whanganui i-SITE Visitor Centre can assist with accommodation enquiries and bookings. Their contact details are:
- 31 Taupo Quay, Whanganui 4500
- Phone: 06 349 0508 or 0800 926426
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE COLGATE GAMES
Here is a quick summary of the Colgate Games:
- There are two Colgate Games events every January – one in the North Island (Whanganui for 2023) and one in the South Island (Timaru for 2023)
- Athletes aged 7-14 years registered with any athletics club affiliated to Athletics New Zealand are able to attend either event
- The games run from Friday morning through to Sunday afternoon. Relays are the last events of each day
- On the Friday morning there is an Opening Ceremony and Marchpast where club teams parade on the track and are welcomed to the event
- Athletes compete and enter through their athletics club and must pre-enter (entries will be open from October 5 to November 11)
- Athletes wear their club uniform and a Colgate Games bib
- Athletes can enter up to five events plus relays