Junior winter running kicks off
Time & Location
About the Event
This is the first training of our winter programme, and is open to our junior athletes aged 8+. Rescheduled from 3 June due to bad weather.
Sessions, led by Julie Collard and Kate Doherty, include warm up games, technique drills, group runs and strengthening. We follow Athletics NZ practices and the sessions are a lot of fun.
Ideally athletes will be able to run 1km. Our training is great for those who love running but also for those whose passion is in a different code but need to maintain or improve their fitness.
There may also be optional Saturday races/events as Covid-19 alert levels allow - the first Athletics Auckland Cross Country event is scheduled for 20 June, details TBC.
Please register in advance so we can manage numbers safely.
Parents, if you’re keen to run/support we’d love to hear from you too – good chance to squeeze some training with your kids into your busy schedule!
Safe running in Level 2
The key thing for returning to sport in level 2 is to play it safe. For anyone participating in training this means you must -
- Wash or sanitise hands before & after training, and before/after handling equipment. Ideally, please bring your own hand sanitiser.
- Use clubrooms to store your gear if you need, but please don't gather there.
- Keep a safe distance – ideally 2m from those you don’t know, 1m from those you do know.
- Check in securely using our app to help us meet our contact tracing obligations – scan the QR code displayed in the clubrooms or bookmark on your phone: https://my.evacheckin.com/0xyyw
- Lend a hand - with extra jobs (eg wiping down equipment after use) we need extra volunteers - please let us know if you can help out.